Union St Printmakers sells many of the basic materials you might need for printmaking, including pre-assembled print packs and gift vouchers (see below).
General public and students can purchase/order printmaking materials through Simone - always by appointment - no drop ins please. You can arrange this by email (email@example.com) or text (0407 079 604).
If what you need isn’t in stock, she will do her best to source it for you within 1-2 weeks.
Art Shop opening hours: only during class/workshop times (updated daily).
Please note: Union St Printmakers is closed to the public outside these times as Simone is not present.
Sat 20 April, 11am-4pm only @ the portable Stepney studio (please text for details)
Sun 21 April, 11am-4pm only @ 6 Manton St Hindmarsh
Mon 22 April, 2-9pm only @ 6 Manton St Hindmarsh
Tues 23 April, 2-5.30pm only @ 6 Manton St Hindmarsh
Sat 27 April, 11am-4pm only @ the portable Stepney studio (please text for details)
Mon 29 April, 2-9pm only @ 6 Manton St Hindmarsh
Tues 30 April, 2-5.30pm only @ 6 Manton St Hindmarsh
Sat 4 May, 11am-4pm only @ the portable Stepney studio (please text for details)
Mon 6 May, 2-9pm only @ 6 Manton St Hindmarsh
Sat 11 May, 11am-4pm only @ the portable Stepney studio (please text for details)
Sun 12 May, 11am-4pm only @ 6 Manton St Hindmarsh
Mon 13 May, 2-9pm only @ 6 Manton St Hindmarsh
Best to text/email a day or so in advance to avoid disappointment. (Occasionally Simone works from other venues. And times/dates always vary during March due to arts festivals.)
Discounts available for UStP/S&Q students & anyone who has purchased an Enjay press through her.
Currently in stock: (updated daily)
- current issue: Autumn 2019 (vol 54 issue 1)
- past issues
- cardboard drypoint plate
- various sizes copper plate (A5 & A6 sizes in stock, other sizes available by order)
- various sizes aluminium plate (A5 & A6 sizes)
- drypoint etching tools & scraper/burnisher tools
- 42% ferric chloride (2.5L)- new stock arriving this week
- hard ground knobs & soft ground knobs
Intaglio inks & modifiers
- Akua intaglio inks - Carbon Black, Titanium White, Paynes Grey, Crimson Red, Scarlet Red, Red Oxide, Van Dyke Brown, Raw Umber, Yellow Ochre, Hansa Yellow, Metallic Gold, Metallic Silver, Ultramarine Blue , Phthalo Blue, Phthalo Green - new stock arriving this week
- Graphic Chemicals intaglio black ink - other colours available by order (1 week turnaround)
- Gamblin magnesium carbonate
- Gamblin burnt plate oil #2
Western intaglio papers
- Somerset Satin White 300gsm ~56x76cm (warm white, 100% cotton, acid-free)
- Stonehenge White 250gsm ~50x70cm (warm white, 100% cotton, acid-free)
- Somerset Velvet Newsprint Grey 280gsm ~56x76x112cm (100% cotton, acid-free)
- Fabriano Rosaspina Ivory 285gsm ~50x70cm (high % cotton) - new stock arriving this week
- various lino/woodcut tool sets
- various sizes of linoleum (12x12cm, 10x15cm, 30x45cm)
- Ezy Carve rubber (21x29cm)
- basic small rollers (Speedball 2” soft, Essdee 2” hard)
- Essdee 3 in 1 lino cutter + stamp kits
- Derivan block ink lino printing starters kit
Relief inks & modifiers
- Gamblin oil-based relief inks
S1-Portland Intense Black, Transparent Base (arriving this week), Titanium White
S2-Quinacridone Red, Sepia, Prussian Blue
S3-Phthalo Blue (arriving this week), Phthalo Green, Hansa Yellow Bright, Napthol Scarlet
- Gamblin Drive By Black (a specialist black textile block ink)
- Caligo Safewash black relief ink (water wash up)
- Gamblin tack reducer
- Gamblin burnt plate oil #000
Mokuhanga (Japanese woodblock) tools/materials
- quality Japanese shina blocks (small 225x150mm in stock, medium/large on order)
- various quality student tool sets
- left handed professional tool
- quality student plastic barens
- Japanese red carbon paper
Relief & mokuhanga paper
- Panshian (63x97cm, machine made, high Kozo content, internally sized, lustrous)
- Richeson rice paper roll (15”x50’) - new stock arriving this week
- Somerset book paper - Text Laid 120gsm (white, 66x102cm, 100% cotton, acid-free)
- Somerset book paper - Book 115gsm (white, 66x102cm, 100% cotton, acid-free)
- Somerset book paper - Book Soft White 115gsm (white, 66x102cm, 100% cotton, acid-free)
- Mirakami TZR UV emulsion & Photocoate stripper - new stock arriving this week
- aluminium screens (16x22" internal dimensions)
- squeegees (6”, 7”, 8’, 10’)
- Jiffy hinge clamps
- Speedball Drawing Fluid, Screen Filler & Speed Clean
- Permaset Aqua inks (300ml) - white & black (other colours available by order)
Waterless Lithography materials
- Staedtler Lumocolour Omnichrom non-permanent black pencils
Mount/mat cutting materials
- Minuet Arquadia matboard (warm white 32x40"/81.5x102.5cm)
- Nachi 745 double-sided tape (acid free, 12mm x 50m, very strong)
Specialist cleaning materials
- ZIG Mica ink (60ml, for pen/brush use) - Brilliant Gold & Brilliant Silver
- Express fine mist sprayer (10ml pencil style)
- cradled timber panel (basswood 8x10” made from high quality 3mm thick Basswood plywood panel sanded to render a smooth firm painting surface)
Available for order (approx 1-2 week turn around):
Gelli plates - various sizes
Coloured intaglio inks - Akua water wash up & Gamblin oil-based
Intaglio papers (Somerset, Stonehenge, Fabriano, etc)
Oriental and Japanese papers for relief printing and chine colle
Derwent Inktense pencils & watercolour blocks
Koi watercolour blocks & water brushes
And much, much more - please email Simone, and she will put the wheels in motion to obtain it for you :)
UV screen exposures coming soon.
Please note: purchases and/or orders must be organised with Simone in advance, preferably during class/workshop times or by text/email. There is no online shop yet (coming soon) and Stone & Quoin Studio is not open to the public unless you’ve made an appointment :)
Rather, Simone stocks all the printmaking basics (available for purchase by the general public and students during the hours she teaches classes/workshops) and regularly lodges orders, as needed.
Beginners / Startup Print Packs
To order a Beginners / Startup Printmaking Pack for yourself or as a gift for someone else, please email Simone..
Coming soon:- Beginners Lino Pack, Beginners Monoprinting Pack, Beginners Drypoint and Monoprinting Pack.
And all the details:
Each pack enables you to set up and print 3 different plates in an intaglio cylinder press, creating up to 18 prints. Most importantly, each pack provides clear instructions on how to make a print, where to source affordable future materials (both new and recycled) and further information to help you to extend your skills. (The pack contains enough ink for many more than 18 prints.)
For use in a cylinder or etching press with felts/blankets.
With advance notice, multiple or bulk packs are available for workshop and school environments.
This pack enables you to stock your classroom to print 18 plates in an intaglio cylinder press, creating up to 72 prints. Most importantly, each pack provides clear instructions on how to make a print, where to source affordable future materials (both new and recycled) and further information to help you to extend your skills. (The pack contains enough ink for many more than 72 prints.)
For use in a cylinder or etching press with felts/blankets.
With advance notice, multiple or larger packs are available for workshop and school environments.