Simone Tippett has been teaching printmaking as Union St Printmakers since 2009. She is passionate about anything printmaking... And has a longstanding love of watery surfaces and the colour blue. She is a committee member for the Print Council of Australia, the SA contact for Enjay Presses and a member of Guildhouse and Well Made.
As UStP, Simone runs printmaking classes and workshops, hosts masterclasses, curates exhibitions, holds print events, co-ordinates a community printmaking newsletter and (very soon) will begin retailing original prints and printmaking supplies.
UStP variously operates from two locations - the new Stone & Quoin Studio at 6 Manton St Hindmarsh, as well as from a private classroom in Stepney. Stone & Quoin Studio will encompass all of UStP's usual classes/workshops, as well as new workshops in letterpress, book arts, zines and textile screenprinting.
And yes, her much loved casual Saturday classes continue to be held in Stepney...
Stay tuned for developments!
- Teacher: Simone Tippett of Union St Printmakers
- Venue: Art Gallery of South Australia, North Tce, Adelaide CBD
- Workshop: 10am-5pm, Tues 17 July 2018
- Skill level: Educators, TRT and Pre-Service Educators
- Join artist Simone Tippett for an introduction to printmaking. Examine artists' techniques and draw inspiration from rarely seen bold and vivid works in the collection.
- Email AGSA or telephone 8207 7109 to reserve your place (bookings essential).
- Click for the full Art Gallery of South Australia school holiday program.
Workshops currently available to book into:
- Drypoint with Monoprinting - Tues 19 June, 10am-4pm
- Screenprinting with Drawing/Masking Fluid - Tues 3 July, 9am-3pm
- Art Gallery of South Australia school holiday Educators Printmaking Workshop - Tues 17 July, 10am-5pm at the Art Gallery of South Australia
- Basic Western Bookbinding - 1 day workshop with guest printmaker Vicki Reynolds- Sun 5 August, 10am-4pm
- Advanced Copperplate Etching - 1 day workshop with guest printmaker Lorelei Medcalf - Sun 12 August, 10am-4pm
- Introduction to Japanese Woodblock Printing - Sun 26 August, 10am-4pm
Or book your own date, on a Sunday or Tuesday that suits you!