Simone Tippett has been teaching printmaking as Union St Printmakers since 2009. She is passionate about anything printmaking... And has a longstanding love of watery surfaces and the colour blue. She is a committee member for the Print Council of Australia, the SA contact for Enjay Presses and a member of Guildhouse and Well Made.
As UStP, Simone runs printmaking classes and workshops, hosts masterclasses, curates exhibitions, holds print events, co-ordinates a community printmaking newsletter and (very soon) will begin retailing original prints and printmaking supplies.
UStP variously operates from two locations - the new Stone & Quoin Studio at 6 Manton St Hindmarsh, as well as from a private classroom in Stepney. Stone & Quoin Studio will encompass all of UStP's usual classes/workshops, as well as new workshops in letterpress, book arts, zines and textile screenprinting.
And yes, her much loved casual Saturday classes continue to be held in Stepney...
Stay tuned for developments!
Forthcoming Workshops (click to download details):
- Lino Printing - Tues 12 December, 10am-4pm
- Japanese Woodblock (Mokuhanga) - 2 day workshop with guest printmaker Terry McKenna of the Australian Mokuhanga School - Sat 13 & Sun 14 January 2018, 10am-4pm - further details under Workshops
- Japanese Woodblock (Mokuhanga) - 2 day workshop with guest printmaker Terry McKenna of the Australian Mokuhanga School - Mon 15 & Tues 16 January 2018, 10am-4pm - further details under Workshops
- Lino Printing - Sun 28 January, 10am-4pm
- Screenprinting - Tues 30 January, 10am-4pm
- Drypoint/Monoprinting - Sun 4 February, 10am-4pm
- Aluminium Etching - Sun 11 February, 10am-4pm
- Wood Engraving - 1 day workshop with guest printmaker Sarah Thame - Sun 25 February, 10am-4pm - further details under Workshops
- Further dates can be seen under Workshops